Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Night Runner - Max Turner

Night Runner, set in Peterborough, Ontario, tells the story of a young guy who has been placed in a mental institution because no one knows what to do with him. I like this novel because it has twists and turns, great characters and wry humour. While the protagonist is a vampire, this novel deals more with secrets and life choices than it does with vampire angst. More than just a page turner, you will be drawn to the lovable, realistic, multifaceted characters and their weird, humourous reflections as they deal with life's challenges.

2 comments:

  1. I just read your comment on John's blog about a sequel possibly coming out in April. That's FAB. news! I read this when it first came out and I received and arc and was all over the publisher asking if a sequel was planned and they said "nothing was planned so far". So this is certainly encouraging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking my review. I have linked with yours. I will definitely keep an eye out for more writing by Max Turner.

    ReplyDelete